*Want to look at each figure above individually? Want to download any of the figures? All figures available in this folder
I am an associate professor of Sociology, co-director of the Advanced Methodologies group, and co-director of the Kernan Experimental Social Science Lab at Purdue University. I have three primary research areas: (1) intersections of gender and sexuality; (2) social factors that affect health; and (3) quantitative methodology—with a focus on categorical data analysis and experimental design. I teach courses and short workshops on applied statistics, quantitative methods, and social psychology.
I am firmly committed to open science and reproducibility. Thus, I freely share the data, code, and replication files for all of my research projects as well as for all courses, seminars, and workshops I teach.
The various pages on this site contain:
- Description of my background and research
- My CV
- Copies of my published articles along with abstracts, replication files, online appendices, etc.
- Applied statistics and quantitative methods course, workshop, and seminar materials: lecture slides, example Stata and R code, and other resources
Categorical Data Analysis (Graduate Course)
Categorical Data Analysis (Statistical Horizons Seminar)
Data Visualization Using Stata (Code Horizons Seminar)
Experimental Design (Graduate Course)
Latent Variable Modeling (Graduate Course)
Missing Data Using Stata (Statistical Horizons Seminar) coming soon
Stata Programming (Code Horizons Seminar) coming soon
Workshop on Data Visualization & Model Presentation Using Stata or R
- Social psychology course materials
- Stata commands, packages, and graphics schemes I have written
mecompare: Example do-files and datasets for cross-model comparisons of marginal effects
sgmediation2: Calculates Sobel-Goodman tests of statistical mediation in linear regression
- Links & resources for departments and programs I'm affiliated with
- Some guidelines for how to effectively ask for my help with Stata/R troubles